Chief Financial Officer, CFO
Are you interested in working in a fast-phase growth company that was founded to challenge the use of plastic in various packaging applications? We are now looking for a new CFO to join our team.
WHAT IS PAPTIC?
Paptic Ltd was founded in 2015 to address one of the most significant global environmental challenges, plastic waste accumulation in the environment. Our new kind of wood-based material challenges plastic, traditional paper, and textiles by combining their best sides.
Our customers, brands, retailers, and converters are in urge to find new packaging materials that can replace plastic in various packaging applications. Paptic® materials are used in e.g., flexible packaging, shopping bags, and e-commerce mailers. For example, Stockmann, Sokos, COS, and Verkkokauppa.com are using Paptic® materials in their packaging.
We grow rapidly, and our materials have already been delivered to over 50 countries. Our home base is in Otaniemi, Espoo and currently, we are altogether 30.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
The Chief Financial Officer has primary responsibility for the planning, implementation, managing, and running of all the finance activities of Paptic. This includes business planning, budgeting, forecasting, and negotiations. The CFO will also support the CEO in investor relations and partnership compliance.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
As a member of the Paptic management team, the CFO will have interactions with all functions of the company. The CFO responsibilities include:
- Providing strategic recommendations to the CEO and members of the management team
- Management and continuous development of the finance processes, e.g. for financial forecasting, budgeting, and accounts payable processes
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting for all functions, board, and shareholders
- Development of the company reporting processes
- Management and coordination of the outsourced finance and accounting team
- Management of statutory accounting and audit with external partners
- Assuring legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitoring compliance with laws and regulations
- VAT and transfer pricing issues
- Advising and supporting Sales and Operations on near- and long-term business simulation, pricing, forecasting, and financial planning
- Developing relations with external financial partners and stakeholders, e.g. banks, financing agencies, and shareholders
- Co-operation with the CEO in the development of financing and investment rounds, and in negotiations with investors and banks.
- Treasury and cash flow planning, working capital optimization
- Risk management and insurances
what helps you to succeed:
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- Experience in a management position, preferably from an industrial or materials sector company.
- Strong financial and accounting background, including an understanding of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management, and general finance and budgeting.
- Experience with corporate governance, especially from growth and/or start-up companies.
- Analytical and critical thinking.
- Ability to communicate with confidence and create trust.
- Excellent presentation skills, and proven negotiation skills.
- Experience with budget management, public accounting, and cash flow.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make decisions.
- Dedicated team player and ability to lead multi-stakeholder teams.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively, and delegate.
If you want to work in a rapidly growing company and in an environment that is constantly evolving, with the added bonus of fighting against plastic pollution globally, this is something for you. Our lively team is eagerly waiting for you to hop on board and get to know you.
The application period ends on 29.1.2023, please apply via the K2 Search website.
K2 is supporting Paptic in this critical recruitment. We specialize in the search and selection of professionals across all industry domains. To learn more, visit our website at www.k2search.fi We will be happy to tell you more;
Veli-Pekka Vuori Country Manager, , +358 50 447 96 81.
Marie Leivo, Talent Consultant, , +358 40 640 320.