Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Our energetic, fast-growing, and talented team is seeking a matching senior leader to complement the management team of the company, in the position of Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
As a CTO, you will be responsible for the technology strategy of Paptic, management, direction, and development of the company’s technology function. Strategic development and management of our IPR portfolio are also one of your key responsibilities. You are a supervisor of our technology team: product development managers and laboratory team. You will report to the CEO.
- Extensive experience (>5 yrs) from the paper, non-woven, or packaging industry is required, from positions in technology, operations, and business.
- Experience in scaling up new technologies: from pilot scale to industrial and commercial implementation. Planning and implementation responsibility experience in the management of successful technology investment projects.
- It is a benefit if you have experience in the management and development of new technologies for IP assets.
- Sufficient commercial experience to assess the commercial viability of different technologies.
- Foam technology experience will help you succeed in this job.
- A higher education (MSc or Ph.D.) in the relevant field of technology.
- A systematic and analytical decision-maker and have experience in managing large entities. Managing partner networks is part of the job description.
- Ability to conceive and describe long-term (3-5 years) strategy, strategy management skills.
- An entrepreneurial and dynamic, solution-oriented approach.
- Inherent ability to develop and implement Paptic technology to produce unprecedented and cost-effective, market-thirsty packaging materials in an environmentally sound manner.
- Good communication skills.
- International experience and language skills (fluent English obligatory, German additional benefit) are an advantage. English is our company’s official language.
Paptic Ltd was founded in 2015 to replace oil-based plastics with a new renewable, recyclable and reusable Paptic® material. It answers the multi-billion requirement of global brand owners for sustainable packaging materials. Paptic Ltd currently employs 25 people and is based in Espoo, Finland, and has an experienced global sales network.
We are very proud of our company culture. The hierarchy is low, and the decision-making is fast. We respect openness, the atmosphere is encouraging, inspiring and you have close to 30 team players to support you in your work.
We aim to fill the position as soon as possible. Please send your application and CV via e-mail and mark CTO Paptic as the subject of your message.
For more information, or to apply, please contact:
Harri Hämäläinen, Senior Partner, Taplow Finland Oy.
tel. +358 44 3200 233