Are you interested in working in a fast-phase growth company that was founded to challenge the use of plastic in various packaging applications? Our Innovation team is now looking for a new colleague to join their energetic and dynamic team.
WHAT IS PAPTIC?
Paptic Ltd was founded in 2015 to address one of the most significant global environmental challenges, plastic waste accumulation in the environment. Our new kind of wood-based material challenges plastic, traditional paper, and textiles by combining their best sides.
Our customers, brands, retailers, and converters are in urge to find new packaging materials that can replace plastic in various packaging applications. Paptic® materials are used in e.g., flexible packaging, shopping bags, and e-commerce mailers. For example, Stockmann, Sokos, COS, and Verkkokauppa.com are using Paptic® materials in their packaging.
We grow rapidly, and our materials have already been delivered to over 50 countries. Our home base is in Otaniemi, Espoo and currently, we are altogether 30.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
The innovation team is responsible for product development, technology development, scale-up, new technology investments, as well as technical support to our sales and operations teams.
We are now looking for a Process Technician/Engineer to strengthen our team’s competencies and take part in driving and implementing our Innovation team`s agenda and develop it further.
In this versatile position, Process Technician/Engineer will work closely with all our partners including research institutes, machine manufacturers, production sites, and maintenance teams.
The position holder will be responsible for piloting equipment and pilot run execution. The position holder will participate in process development and investment planning.
The position holder will report to our Technology Manager Janne Kangas. The position is permanent and located in Otaniemi, Espoo, Finland. Hybrid work is possible. The amount of travel days remains at a reasonable level.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- be acting as the owner and operator of the pilot equipment. In this role you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- pilot equipment runs and overall operation development/improvement
- pilot equipment maintenance (maintenance, renovation)
- trial installation planning, preparation, and procurement
- resourcing, scheduling, and supervision of test drive installation (from transport to drivability)
- assisting with preparations for the test run (hauling, connection of installations, preparation of chemicals, etc.)
- keeping documents up to date
- field staff training
- responsibility for operating the pilot equipment and instructing the field staff during the test drive
- reporting and data analysis
- efficient systematic dismantling, hauling, and storage of pilot equipment
- participating in all other test drive activities and investigations
- you`ll also have responsibility from planning to practical implementation
- in this role, you will cooperate with test drive planning, partner, and subcontractors
- take part in the overall trial activities of Paptic
be active also in supporting process development trials at contract manufacturers.
what helps you to succeed:
- you have technical education, such as Bachelor`s or Master’s degree in process engineering or other relevant fields
- experience in similar positions (appr. +5 years), especially having practical experience in trial runs, maintenance, and electrical automation
- solid technical competencies and experience in solving technical problems
- experience in process development
- experience in training and implementation of new equipment and/or running methods
- proven ability to plan, drive and execute tasks independently and at the same time in cooperation with colleagues
- continuous improvement and result-oriented mindset
- good project management and organizational skills
- internal motivation to pay attention to details and accuracy of facts and figures
- tolerance to work under pressure occasionally while appreciating work-life balance
- fluent in written and spoken English, and Finnish. Other language skills are appreciated.
If You want to work in a rapidly growing company in a constantly evolving environment, with the added bonus of fighting against plastic pollution globally, this is something for you. Our lively team is eagerly waiting for you to hop on board and get to know you.
We will start going through the applications as soon as they arrive and recruit when a suitable person has been found. Ideally, our new team member will start in January 2023.
For more information, please contact:
- Wed 16.11 at 15:00 – 16:00
- Fri 25.11 at 13:00 – 14:00
- Wed 30.11 at 15:00 – 16:00