About the job
Are you interested in working in a fast-phase growth company that was founded to challenge the use of plastic in various packaging applications? Our Operations team is now looking for a new colleague to join their energetic and dynamic team.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Operations team is responsible for manufacturing network development and implementation of manufacturing strategy. In addition, Operations team is responsible for the development of current product offering, improvement of cost competitiveness, delivery accuracy/reliability and cost efficiency of delivered goods. Operations team oversees the development of supply chain and sourcing process as well as order to cash processes.
We are now looking for a Project Manager to lead a major capital investment project to build new manufacturing capacity and enable Paptic`s ambitious growth plan.
In this versatile position, Project Manager will assume a leading role in implementing capital investment project moving from technology development phase to implementation and commercial scale up. Project will be done in collaboration with industrial partner and requiring co-ordination of activities with various external stakeholders, like investment partner management, engineering and other service providers, machine manufacturers and production site. Project manager will work in close collaboration with several internal stakeholders like Innovation, Technology development, Product Management, Sales, and Management team.
The position holder will be responsible for ensuring major project will be delivered in time and in budget respecting highest standard of safety. The position holder will also support, participate, and own various minor projects supporting operations and development of existing and new manufacturing partnerships.
The position holder will report to our Chief Operations Officer. The position is permanent and located in Otaniemi, Espoo, Finland. Hybrid work is possible. Certain amount of travel days domestic and international are expected and will be more intense during project commissioning and startup phase. The major project site is located in Finland.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
You will be acting as the owner of the major capital project. In this role you will be responsible of investments, investment master timeline and budgeting. Project Manager steers and co-ordinates internal and external contributors & secure needed resources. You will follow up equipment manufacturing progress and equipment approvals together with Process Development Manager and Technology Manager. You will also collaborate with several external stakeholders like investment partners, plant site and technology functions, engineering, equipment manufacturers and contractors on site. Documentation of the project is one of your responsibilities, you report to Management team and project steering group. During the start up you also monitor crew training and support commercial team to launch the product. The position holder secures safe operation of all activities and adhering to the highest sustainability standards of Paptic. You will also be supporting process and technology development work at Paptic.
WHAT HELPS YOU TO SUCCEED:
- You have technical education, such as Bachelor`s or Master’s degree in process or mechanical engineering or other relevant field
- Experience in similar positions (+5 years), leading or participating key role in executing project work, practical experience in manufacturing or process industry, exposure to engineering and machinery manufactures.
- Solid technical competencies and experience in solving technical problems
- Experience in process and technology development
- Experience in training and implementation of new equipment installation and start up
- Experience in commercializing new products in production environment and supporting customer qualifications.
- Proven ability to plan, drive and execute tasks independently and at the same time in cooperation with colleagues
- Continuous improvement and result oriented mindset
- Good project management and organizational skills
- Internal motivation to pay attention to details and accuracy of facts and figures
- Good sense of urgency and ability to prioritize to keep timeline
- Tolerance to work under pressure occasionally while appreciating work-life balance
- Ability to partner and influence various stakeholders from top management to plant operators
- Fluent in written and spoken English, and Finnish. Other language skills are appreciated.
Your future colleague Hanna`s comment:
“Working spirit at Paptic is ambitious, joyful and change-making. Sustainability is integrally steering all the operations and functions at us for providing packaging materials that fit to circular economy. We genuinely value our people – it’s Paptic’s competent people that make the global growth we are aiming for.”
If you want to work in a rapidly growing company in a constantly evolving environment, with the added bonus of fighting against plastic pollution globally, this is something for you. Our lively team is eagerly waiting for you to hop on board and get to know you.
We will start going through the applications as soon as they arrive and recruit when a suitable person has been found. However, you can start work after the summer holidays.
For more information, please contact: Recruitment Manager, Barona Engineering Kristiina Vormala (040 837 4019), best available on Thursdays at 13-14.